Civic engagement is a vital part of a healthy democracy. One of the most important things a citizen can do is vote.
Step 1: Register
To be eligible to vote, you must first Register. It takes just a few minutes!
Changed your name or address? Update your Registration!
Not sure if you are registered? Check your status!
Step 2: Vote
Once you are registered, there are three options available to ALL voters who vote in Florida. You can:
Vote-by-Mail It’s the easiest way to vote!
- Complete your ballot at home and mail it in immediately OR
- Drop your completed ballot securely at any Early Voting location in your county OR
- If you vote in person instead, take the ballot to your polling place to be canceled when you vote.
- Be sure to SIGN your ballot return envelope before you turn it in!
- You can vote early at any Early Voting location in your county during early voting days.
- Your county Supervisor of Elections will post Early Voting days, times and locations for your county.
- FIU is an Early Voting Location for Miami-Dade
- You must vote at your Regular Polling Place on Election Day. Polls are open from 7 AM to 7 PM and you must be allowed to vote if you are in line at 7 PM.
- But avoid the lines. Vote by Mail or Vote Early!
Important Dates and Deadlines
You must register by October 5 to vote in the upcoming General/Presidential Election.
The upcoming general election is November 3, 2020.
Voting by Mail
- Request Vote-by-Mail Ballot at least 15 days before the election (by October 20) to allow sufficient time to return it. The request will apply to all elections for the next two years. You may need to renew your request if you voted by mail in the past.
- Remember to SIGN your ballot envelope before returning it!
- Ballots must be received by your county Supervisor of Elections no later than 7 PM on Election Day, November 3.
- You can drop off your ballot at any Early Voting location during early voting days, but you cannot drop it at your polling place on Election Day.
- To ensure your vote counts, return it early and track your ballot